Monday, January 2, 2012

Santa Stole My Energy

It's the new year and my house is still not cleaned, my closet is still a mess, my resolutions are not written, and my energy is on vacation.  I had grandioise ideas about how my new year would start out: I would have a clean, organized house with a place for everything and everything in it's place.  Then I woke up and realized that I live in my house.  That being said, one of my New Year's resolutions is to get organizned (I will keep that update on my blog under the heading "organizing the chaos of my life.").  I was going to have all of the laundry washed, ironed, and folded before the kids went back to school (which is in two days), but the laundry is still in the hampers and suitcases because I still haven't unpacked from the Christmas trip even though we have been back for a week.  This is not me, I am usually not this unorganized or energy-less.  I'm blaming Santa Claus, he took my energy back to the North Pole with him.

I have, however, been perusing Pinterest and Facebook and some other blogs and have read about other people who have done the things that I said I was going to do.  I'm not sure I believe them, that they have actually done these things, I think I need photographic and video proof.  I can take a picture of a small space in my house too and show that it is organized and clean, but if the camera were to pan out it would show that our Christmas tree and decorations are still up even though  I vowed I was going to take them down a week ago.  I think Facebook has turned people into braggers.  I'm not a hypocrite, when I've accomplished something, I shout it out over the Facebook community as well, but I think some people do it so that they can appear "superior" to others or "out do" others.  I bet if I were to walk in some of those people's homes, maybe half of what they said that they did would actually be done. 

Maybe if I'm good Santa will bring my energy back to me so that I too can shout superiority over the Internet airwaves...

3 comments:

  1. Hi I came here throught BSN Bloghop. I too still have baskets of ironing to do.I did not clean my house from top to bottom for New Year as I used I gave myself a break,you should too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to come see my disaster of a house if it makes you feel better!
    New follower, thanks for your kind comments,
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I'm a new follower - saw your comment on Imperfect homemaking.

    Boy, I really get the *family first* concept. I had a re-awakening a while back, and there's no going back.

    Regarding organization, cleaning, life -
    While not everything we see on blogs - or Facebook - or Pinterest...is real, I hold on to the truth that if i offer myself enough grace, I can accomplish some of my goals.

    I recently did a 31 Day series on
    "31 Minutes To A More Organized Life." (It's free.) Basically, I just decided that perhaps I should break things down into smaller bites. And, for me, it's made a big difference.

    You can read each of the days here.
    http://www.cookingatcafed.com/2011/10/31-days-31-minutes-to-more-organized.html

    All the best,
    Dana
    Cooking at Cafe D

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!