Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MSD, It's Real and It's a Problem

I don't run.  It's not that I can't, I just don't.  I don't like it.  I never have and I never will.  Plus I've got excuses.  I have a 1 year old that can't stand staying in a stroller for very long (nevermind that she stayed in her stroller for 4 hours yesterday while I was shopping at the mall, but that was different).  I also have bad knees (one of my knee caps got chipped in an accident on some ice back in college) and bad ankles.  Oh, and I don't like to run.  So running is out.  I know it's trendy (it's like the powerwalking trend of the 80s and 90s), marathons are trendy now.  So are sparkling vampires, but I'm not going to try to find one.

I guess I need to find some sort of exercise routine to do here at home because I am not joining a gym, I'm not that committed.  And unless Nordic Track is going to deliver a free Nordic Track x7i Incline Trainer complete with Jillian Michaels to kick my butt and make me climb Mount Everest in my own den, I guess I need to come up with the motivation on my own.  Maybe I'll start P90X on Monday.  I'll let you know how that goes.

I think I suffer from MSD or Mom Slob Disorder.  Celebrities even suffer from it.  However, when celebrities suffer from it, we criticize.  This obviously makes us hypocritical as we stare aghast at the People magazine in the checkout line in the grocery store while dressed in our finest sweat pants and least-stained T-shirt with our unwashed hair and no-makeup face muttering to ourselves "I can't believe she went out in public like that."  Only to be brought back to reality when the kids are trying to grab all of the candy that the manager of the store maliciously placed at the checkout where you can no longer deal with constantly saying "no, put that back."  That is when you realize, "Oh, I just came out in public like that."  Truth is, pictures of these celebs with no makeup are hard to come by.  I'm living in an unparallel life.  It's hard to catch me with any makeup on.  So much so that my kids are shocked when they see me in jeans and a non-T-shirt top.  I can't tell you the affect when I put on mascara.  They are so shocked that you would think they just saw the Tooth Fairy driving Santa's sleigh while singing "Here Comes Petter Cottontail."

There has to be some kind of support group for this.  I can see the 12 step program now. 
Step 1: Brush your hair. 
Step 2: Put on make up. 
Step 3: Don't wear sweatpants. 
Step 4: Throw away all stained T-shirts.
Step 5: Repeat steps 1-3. 
...

I cannot be the only mom who suffers from this, there have got be more unmotivated, sweatpants-wearing mothers out there.  Hi, my name is Audri and I am a Mom Slob.

7 comments:

  1. Oddly, I wasn't like that when my kiddo was little, but now that she's 19, I guess I don't worry about impressing her or her friends anymore. Who knows. I do love my cow pajama pants though, almost as much as my family hates them. Or maybe me actually going OUT in them! Touche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing about your MSD; this will liberate mothers everywhere. ;) Thanks for stopping by from the blog hop...I am your newest follower & look forward to reading more of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Tricia and I am also a mom slob. Today I went out in sweatpants, the shirt I wore yesterday and then slept in and no makeup! Not my finest moment for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing so hard because I must suffer from this disorder, too!! I just said last night to my brother-in-law, that I can't wait for the day when I won't shower at the end of my day just to put on a fresh pair of pjs. :) Feeling your pain, sister! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha! Thank you for the mention and MSD is a real thing indeed! I need help, and a sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now can you threaten, I mean encourage, some celeb to confess? Just so the rest of us would know she's human? Oh how I'd dance in the streets to know that Gwyneth Paltrow is a closeted MSD sufferer!

    Keesha
    www.momsnewstage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!! Yes, yes, MSD is a serious issue and is running rampant. You can find it in any grocery store at any time of day. I do suffer from it sometimes. Mostly I suffer from not cleaning my house enough. (Thanks for linking this up over at #findingthefunny with us this week!)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!