Friday, June 1, 2012

Situations in Which You Can't Fix Stupid

Lately I have been the victim of thoughtless, self-consumed, and, in some cases, stupid women.  Well, not just me, my children have been as well, which really makes me irritated.  The most frustrating part is that these people were so oblivious to what was going on around them, they never even realized that I, among other people, were getting extremely annoyed.  Here are the situations:

Situation #1 "Swimming Pool"
I enjoy taking my children to the swimming pool (although the rain today gave me a much needed break).  I also make my children abide by the pool rules.  How do I know that they are following the rules?  Because I am paying attention to my children, not my cell phone.  However, there are some mothers who are covered in Crisco, frying on their towel, perusing their cell phones, and not paying attention to what their kids are doing.  Even when their kids are disrupting the entire pool environment and making babies cry.   Ignoring your child jumping in the pool at the shallow end right by the sign stating "No diving or jumping", producing tears from the children who are two and under who are being splashed, and resulting in their mothers to have to get out of the pool, will in the future warrant a bucket of cold ice water dumped over your head to wake you up from your phone daze.

Situation #2 "Inappropriate Conversationalist in a Public Place"
My children were excited to go to Barnes & Noble today in place of swimming since it was raining, and I was thankful to not have to endure the rude mothers.  By the time I was done in the bookstore, I was missing the rude mothers from the pool.  After the kids had spent what felt like two hours in the children's section, I coaxed them to come with me to the cookbook section (I wanted to get a new vegan cookbook; this is new for me, read that info here) which seemed to be pretty innocent, far away from the 50 Shades of Grey section.  My older two were sitting down on the floor reading their new books with my youngest in the stroller beside them as I skimmed through some books.  At first I was oblivious to the two chatty women who were standing beside us pretending to be looking at the books while sipping their ice coffees.  Then, as their voices got louder, I picked up on their conversation.  The content of their conversation would have made E.L. James blush.  Their conversation was completely inappropriate for young children to hear, it was actually inappropriate for anyone to hear.  So, after loudly stating how clueless, tactless, and rude some people were, we made our exit.  I would like to think that those women heard me, but they were so deep in their disturbing conversation that I doubt they even noticed.

Situation #3 Women With Large Purses in Restaurants
High chairs in restaurants are typically placed at the end of the table or booth.  And in those high chairs sit little kids.  Kids who did not ask to sit there, but have to because that is where the people in the restaurant put them.  When women with large purses, who do not pay attention to the fact that my child is sitting in the high chair, walk by and whack her in the head with their bag that would have been checked at the front door due to size if we were boarding an airplane, it makes my child cry.  She does not like to be hit in the head, most people do not.  Just do me a favor, do not give me the shocked look like you do not know what you did when I say, "Excuse you."  That just makes me want to hit you in the head with a piece of luggage and watch you cry.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found you on Bloggy Moms. I agree. The gene pool is really filthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, people are clueless. You pointed out some good ones!

    (Thanks for linking this up over at #findingthefunny last week!)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!