Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top 5 Pet Peeves

Pet peeves.  Everyone has them.  Even those of you who pretend that you don't (which is annoying because we all know you do).  Not that long ago I asked my readers what their pet peeves were.  Amazingly enough, a lot of them were the same ones that I have, but to spare you the long list, I have narrowed the list down to the top five.  So, without further ado, here are the Top 5 Pet Peeves:

1.  People over the age of 18 (and honestly those younger are annoying too) saying "like" every other word.  It like makes them sound like so young and even like uneducated.  Like, you know what I, like, mean?  All that was missing from those two sentences was someone snapping and smacking their gum.  Which leads me to Pet Peeve #2....

2.  People who do not know how to chew gum.  I am glad that you enjoy your gum, but I do not enjoy seeing it in your mouth or hearing you smack it.  Spit it out or close your mouth.

3.  Adults still trying to be "cool."  High school is over people, and for some of you, it is more in the past than for others.  So for the love of all that is good and holy, stop trying to be so cool because nobody cares.   Girls (um, I mean women), looking down your nose at people because you think that you are better than them was eye-rolling in high school, embarrassing in college, and now it makes you look down right stupid, get a life.  Again, no one cares, we are too busy being un-cool to our kids.  Oh, and guys, if you have to do the "head toss" to get your hair out of your eyes and you are over the age of 25, get a haircut because you are not fooling anyone about your age (or your hair loss).

4.  One-uppers.  You know these people, there is one in every crowd.  You cannot tell a story without them trying to top it with one of their own.  If your kid took off his diaper and repainted the walls with his poop, then their kid did that plus painted the floor with it and projectile vomited all over the ceiling.  I am not sure why some people want to have the worst child in the group, but some do.  It is one thing to feel sorry for someone and tell them that your child has done something similar, but to ALWAYS have a "better" story is a bit frustrating.

5.  People who do not know how to have a face to face conversation.  They are too busy looking around or past you.  Or they are too busy with their phone and will not stop playing with it while trying (ineffectively I might add) to have a conversation with the person in front of them.  Technology has made some people socially stupid.

4 comments:

  1. Number 4 is my favorite. There are certain people I avoid in this world because of this epidemic. Came from Finding the Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true on so many levels. I have started to avoid people in the #3 category because nothing makes my blood boil more than a pompous ass. Stopping by from Kelly's BreakRoom.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!