Thursday, January 10, 2013

Top 10 Mommy Confessions

I do a lot of things that I do not like other people knowing about.  Mostly because I know that judging on some level will occur, but there is also a little bit of "if I don't say it out loud, it won't be as bad."  However, as a start to a new year, I am going to confess my top 10.  So, without further ado, here are my Top 10 Mommy Confessions (don't judge, just accept):

  1. I take my children's candy on the premise that they don't need it because it can cause diabetes. The truth is that I hide it in my closet and eat it when everyone is asleep.
  2. I justify hiding in my closet eating candy because I know that 30 minutes of cleaning burns 120 calories, but really I just need a candy break.
  3. My kids know to run and hide when the doorbell rings so that we don't have to answer the door. That's normal, right?
  4. I do not feel compelled to catch vomit with my bare hands. I let it hit the floor.
  5. I have jumped up 15 minutes before my husband gets home to pick up the toys and make the bed to make it look like I have cleaned the house.
  6. I get mad at my 9-year-old for acting just like me.
  7. I sometimes forget to brush my 2-year-old's teeth.
  8. All of my kids have a TV in their room even though prior to having kids I said that would never happen. It took 7 years for me to give in.
  9. My two year old falls asleep watching TV because that's easier than to break her of the habit.
  10. I don't ground my kids because it makes my life harder. 

     

15 comments:

  1. Hahahaa Audri...too funny! Our kids are 23, 21 and 17...and I have been guilty of more than one of those, but less than ten...tehehee! So that you can rest assure...ours turned out just fine! LOL! Love your blog...following you via GFC!

    Michell @Prowess and Pearls
    http://www.prowessandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot mention that I'm stopping by from SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny!! My question...WHO is compelled to catch vomit with their bare hands?! Not I! lol visiting from Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have often wondered that myself, but I keep seeing all of these people with the ecard that says "Being a Mom means feeling the need to catch vomit with your bare hands." I, without a doubt, would never be one of those moms...

      Delete
  4. Parenting isn't for sissies! It's much harder than it looks.

    I remember seeing mom's talk to their kids in a mean voice with the gritted teeth and thinking I would never do that. Ha! Guess what?! I was at the dr's office with a 1 year old and 3 year old. When it was time to go, the 3 year old decided she wasn't going to walk. She was always SO good - this was really weird behavior. Anyway, she threw herself, in her snowsuit, onto the floor. I was carrying the 1-year old so I couldn't carry her, too. I remember kneeling down, with the baby in my arms, gritting my teeth, and telling her in my mean voice: "You better get up right this minute . . ." I can't remember what happened - only that I was embarrassed and SO irritated!

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely right, it is harder than it looks! And I will say that I have learned (as cliche as it sounds) to "never say never" when it comes to parenting because 99% of the time I find myself doing what I swore I "would never ever" do. It is good to know that we are not alone and we have all been there! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Ha! #5! I thought I was the only one. From the sounds of these, you're a fantastic and NORMAL momma. Keep it up ;)
    Visiting from SITS. Enjoy our Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way too many of these are all too familiar to me. No judging here. You're doing great. Everyone's still alive and speaking to each other, right? That's all that matters.

    Happy Sharefest. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that is what I tell my husband some nights when he calls on his way home from work and asks me how our day was, "we are all still breathing and we are still on speaking terms." Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Nope.. never caught yak in my hands, either. And my kids still don't have tvs in their rooms but at this point, the only reason is I don't want to pay even more for my cable bill :)
    Happy SITS Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, but around here sometimes that extra money for their receivers is like adding time to my mental stability, lol. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. That's funny. I've just passed through your blog and i may say that i really like it. Keep on doing this great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! This sounds like the start of a support group meeting. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!