Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week, Day 1

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at my daughter's schools.  The first gift that my children are giving their teachers is a jar of M&Ms:



Looks like a rainbow, right?  There is even a poem for the label:



And a great label idea for the top of the jar:


Now you want to make it, right?  Don't worry, it's easy!  I have found this project in several different places, but here is my version.  Below are the materials you need and the steps to complete the project.

Materials (for one gift):
  1. Clear plastic or glass container (mine is a glass container from Michael's) with a lid.
  2. 1 bag (14 oz) of M&Ms
  3. Ribbon to tie around the top of the jar.
  4. Double stick tape
  5. Paper
  6. Printer
Steps:
  1. Separate the blue, green, yellow, orange, and red M&Ms into separate bowls (discard or hide in your closet and eat the brown M&Ms....I recommend hiding and eating them).
  2. Layer the M&Ms in the container.  Order (from bottom up): red, orange, yellow, green, blue.
  3. Make the label for the poem.  I went to Microsoft Word, found a rainbow border, typed the poem, and printed the label.
  4. Cut the label out to fit on your container.  Use double stick tape to attach it to your jar.
  5. Make the round label for the top of the container.  Again, I used Microsoft Word and found a round border, typed the "To" and "From" information, and printed the label.
  6. Cut out the round label and use double stick tape to attach it to the top of your jar.
  7. Tie a ribbon (hopefully you can find a rainbow ribbon, but if not use another color that is in the jar (red, orange, yellow, green, or blue).
  8. Give to the teacher!
Please share or "pin" this project if you like it!  Thanks!
Here are more pictures of the project (the bright colors were so photogenic that I could not help myself!):




 
 
Please share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!