Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Homemade Teacher Christmas Gift: Hot Chocolate Mix

Christmas time: time of giving gifts.  I think that I have mentioned before that in another life (back in my 20s), I was a high school teacher. I always enjoyed the gifts given to me by students that were something that I could use and/or were homemade.  As my children have gotten older, they have acquired more teachers (currently I only have two of four in school) for a total of thirteen teachers (that is A LOT) this year.  I know that is a big number, and it will only continue to grow through the years, but I do think that it is important to give all of their teachers gifts to show appreciation for teaching my children.  With that being said, I decided to make the teachers a homemade gift this year. We (the children can help too) made hot chocolate mix in a mason jar.  This makes a big batch which made it an easy choice for making for several teachers (and we get to keep and use the mix that was leftover). 

Here is the final product:

Hot Chocolate Mix

See directions below.


To make the labels, I just created a design on the computer (in Microsoft Word), printed on white card stock, cut out, and attached the labels to the Mason jar with double stick tape. Tie a Christmas ribbon or twine around the top, and the present is complete.  I also included a round label for the top with a "To" and "From":

Hot Chocolate Mix



Materials Needed for Packaging:
  1. Glass Mason jar
  2. White card stock paper
  3. Double stick tape
  4. Christmas ribbon
  5. Hot Chocolate Mix (recipe below)

Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe:
2 lb box Nestles Quik
1 lb box powdered sugar
11 oz. jar Coffee Mate (Original)
8 qt. box powdered milk

Directions for making the mix:  Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Sift ingredients together and store in jars.

Directions for using the mix: Fill cup half full of hot chocolate mix.  Fill 3/4 of the cup with hot water.  Stir to dissolve mix.  Fill the rest of the cup with milk.  Optional: add a dash of vanilla.

Note: This makes approximately 19 cups of dry mix.  I used about 3 cups per Mason jar.

More ideas for Teacher Gifts:

For more recipes, check out the Recipes tab or click here.

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!