Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Blueberry Muffins

There have been many muffin recipes come and go through our kitchen, but there is one that stands out as a favorite for my entire family. My kids, husband, and grandfather love these muffins. The great thing about it is that it can be a blueberry muffin recipe or a chocolate chip mini muffin recipe (the latter will be a different blog post for a different day). Today it is blueberry muffins, and, as I write this, the number that are left from the batch I made earlier is dwindling... These muffins are great for breakfast or a snack or just because you want one (confession: I am currently eating one for "artistic inspiration"). Look at these muffins, don't they just beg to be eaten?



See recipe below.



Blueberry Muffin Recipe:
Yield: 24 muffins

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Coarse sugar for sprinkling


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray muffin tin with oil (I do not like paper liners).

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until combined.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until combined.  Next, mix in the milk, oil, and vanilla.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine (do not overmix).  The batter will be very thick: this is normal!  Now, fold in the blueberries.

Here is where I am going to let you in on my secret for filling the muffin tins.  Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the muffin batter and fill the muffin tins 3/4 full.  Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the coarse sugar.

Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes (until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean).  Remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes (not that I can ever wait that long before slathering on butter and popping them in my mouth).






For more recipes, check out the Recipes tab or click here.

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!