Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Yard Tour: What is Blooming in My Yard

I have tried to sit down and write this post for the past week, but finding time to do so in the first week of summer has proven to be difficult. I have been taking pictures of what I have blooming in my yard. I have a several containers (see my post on Front Porch Container Gardening) on my front porch, my back patio, and in my front flower bed.  Gardening and plants have become my biggest hobby.  I love them in the spring, and I love them in the fall.  I even love them in the winter and the hot summer.  The quickest way to make your home more attractive and inviting is with landscaping and container gardening.

As some of you may know, we moved to Texas two years ago from Mississippi (to see pictures from my Mississippi landscaping, click here).  At the time, I was pregnant with our fourth daughter (who was born in the month of May), so we did not do much with our landscaping our first year in this house.  Last year, we ripped out all of the "builder beds" and replaced them with what suited our style (more on that in a later post).  This year, I have been trying to find out what will grow well in the containers in our yard, on our front porch, and on our back patio.  Our back patio faces the west and has no shade (thank you brand new pasture neighborhood).  Obviously that means that our front porch faces the east, so things are a little easier to grow here.  Bake and fry are what happens to plants in the Texas sun on a patio that faces the west, so we will see if I am successful this year with the plants that I have there. 

I have taken tons of pictures of what I have blooming in my yard (front and back) that I am sharing with you below.  Enjoy!


Here are the herbs:

Basil

I have the basil in a container on my back patio (west sun).


















Cilantro


The cilantro is in a container on my back patio (west sun).

















Mint




My mint is in a container on my front porch (morning sun).

















Rosemary


This rosemary bush is in a container on my front porch (morning sun).

















Tarragon



I have tarragon in a container on my front porch (morning sun).


















Thyme


This thyme plant is in a container on my back patio (west sun).















Front Walkway:

My front walkway




















My front walkway




















Blooms in my front flower bed and containers:

Sweet Potato Vine, White and Red Vinca Flowers,
Red Geraniums, & Blue Wind Scaevola

Large container in my front flower bed.



















Purple Angelonia and Sweet Potato Vine


This is a container at the corner of my driveway and front walkway.



















Red Vinca Flowers and Purple Angelonia

The other side of the above container (corner of my driveway and front walkway)


















White Vinca Flowers & Purple Angelonia

This is the same container as above (corner of my driveway and front walkway)


















Dragon Wing Begonias

These are in a container on my porch by the front door.


















Standard Begonias

These begonias are in a container on my front porch.


















New Guinea Impatiens

These are also in a container on my front porch.


















Clockwise from top left:
White Vinca Flowers, Plumbago,
Harlequin Blue Pincushion Flower, & Pink Shell Geraniums

These are other blooms in containers in my front yard.



















Now for the back patio:

Asparagus Fern




















Blue Daze




















Hibiscus




















Purslane




















Thanks for touring my yard! 

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!