Sunday, August 21, 2016

Back to School: Meal Planning

Three of my four kids started back to school this week (8th, 5th, and 1st grades).  Starting the school routine back can be stressful, especially to the crew who were sleeping until 9:00am and now have to get up at 5:45am. One thing that I like to do to reduce this stress is meal planning. I have done this for years, and it definitely makes our life run smoother.  It also makes the inevitable question "What's for dinner" much easier to answer.  I get more relaxed about meal planning during the summer, but during the school year, it is a must. 

FREE Printable: Weekly Meal Planner


To download a Meal Plan Template, click here

This also makes grocery shopping easier to plan.  A category that I find important to put on my meal planner has nothing to do with food, but is something that can affect when and where we are going to eat: "Events/Appointments." For example, I know that Thursday night is a dance class night for my kids so meals have to be earlier and less complicated on that night.


By downloading my FREE Printable for Weekly Meal Planning, you will be able to type in the date, your events or appointments, and what you plan to have for Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, and Dinner.  I hope this helps you as much as it helps our family.

For recipe ideas, please see the following:

For other Back-to-School Ideas, please see the following:

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!