Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hearty Beef Chili

When my husband and I first got married almost 16 years ago, I had no idea how to make chili.  I searched every cookbook that I had (this was before Pinterest), and I could not find one that I truly liked.  That's when I decided to come up with my own version of a hearty beef chili.  It took a few tries, but I finally came up with my current recipe.  My husband has always loved it, and now so do my children. 

My chili has also evolved into a family tradition.  Every year on Halloween, I make a big pot of chili that we enjoy after a night of trick-or-treating. My family expects this chili, along with some Halloween cupcakes, when everyone is tired of walking the neighborhood asking for candy.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do.

See recipe below.




Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef, browned
Two Alarm (brand) Chili mix (it will be in a red box)
1 bottle of beer (water can be substituted, but beer, any beer, makes it better)
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (Rotel)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
2 small cans of tomato sauce (or one large can)
water, as needed

Directions:
Brown and drain ground beef.  Add the spices from the Two Alarm Chili box (I do not add the masa flour; and only add as much red pepper as your family can handle, I usually do half of the packet).  Add the remaining ingredients except water and stir.  Bring chili to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.  Add water as needed.

Serve with crackers, cornbread, cheese, or rice.  Enjoy!


For more recipes, check out the Recipes tab or click here.

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!