Monday, November 7, 2016

Thanksgiving Tablescape

There is something about this time of year, when summer fades into fall and fall fades into winter.  From football season through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, all of these celebratory occasions make everything seem cozier and more inviting.  I love planning (if you are a reader of mine, you already know this) for this time of year while it is still summer (don't worry, I don't start putting up the Christmas tree in July, I at least wait until after Halloween).  I have been planning my Thanksgiving table for a few months now, playing with this arrangement and that arrangement, and I finally came up with something that I really like, that really shows more of our family style.  We are not extremely formal, but I do want a touch of formality mixed in with our laid back style.  I also love greenery and plants, and anytime I can mix in those things, the more it feels like "us."



Texture is a key component to my Thanksgiving tablescape this year.  I love mixing the rough texture of the burlap with the rich blue placemats and our china.  I feel like burlap and china is almost so unexpected that it works.



I also love how the natural elements the greenery, pumpkins, and burlap look with the crystal.





I decided to use substantial pillar candles this year instead of thin candlesticks in a candle holder.  I feel like this adds to the warmth and coziness of the centerpiece.




Because I went with a more organic centerpiece, I wanted to tie in my place setting by using more greenery.  I cut some rosemary sprigs off of my rosemary bush and used twine to wrap around my napkins to hold the rosemary in place.



I hope that some of my ideas can be added to your table this year.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share, like, or pin my post.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!