Sunday, December 18, 2016

Holiday Home Tour

It's the most wonderful time of the year....Christmas.  My family and I love decorating for Christmas.  We love it so much that we do it after Halloween.  I know, I know, there are many mixed emotions on that front.  However, I think that we can all agree that Christmas is a fun time to decorate, both inside and out.

We live in Katy, Texas, which is just right outside of Houston.  This means that our Christmas season is often times warm instead of cold.  Because of this, we still use our front porch this time of year so I like it to be cozy.  



The Norfolk Pine on the table makes me think of Christmas, but it is actually a tropical plant that works well outside down here in Texas.  This plant also makes appearances inside of my house because it is also a great houseplant.


If you follow me on Instagram, you know the story of my Christmas tree. I didn't spend hours placing each ornament in the perfect spot.  My kids decorated the Christmas tree, each ornament placed where they thought it looked best.  That is my idea of a perfect Christmas tree.



At our house, I am always the first person up in the mornings and the last to go to bed at night.  I love this view of the Christmas tree at night...



We have four kids, two dogs, and a cat...that is a lot of stockings to hang on the mantle...






I also love decorating with candles, greenery, and red berries this time of year.  I place them in vases...



As centerpieces...



The garland for my staircase...


In my kitchen...This is another Norfolk Pine.







I used green moss as a floor for my Christmas figurines...





Christmas villages are an obsession of mine.  I love how peaceful and festive the scenery is in these villages.  I love to use "snow flakes" to make the village seem inviting...





For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!


2 comments:

Please let me know what you think!