Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Homemade Gifts: Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy

I have a confession: I am addicted to the Food Network.  I feel like I really know those people personally because they cook in my house everyday.  I am also addicted to HGTV, but that is another post.  Back to the Food Network.  I love making Christmas goodies....cookies {see more here}, hot chocolate mix {see more here}, and now (thanks to Trisha Yearwood) slow cooker chocolate candy with peanuts.  Second confession of the day: this recipe is not mine, I saw it on Trisha's cooking show.  I am here however to tell you how absolutely delicious and easy it is to make (and gift).




The ingredients are simple: roasted salted peanuts, German chocolate, chocolate chips, and white almond bark.  Throw it all in a slow cooker....



Cook on low for 3 hours, stir, scoop into paper muffin cups (I had my muffin cups lined up on a cookie sheet and scooped the chocolate candy with an ice cream scooper), let the candy set, pop them out of the muffin cups, and eat...I mean place in a pretty Christmas tin and give to your neighbors, friends, teachers, everyone!



When layering the candy in your tin, make sure to separate each layer with a piece of wax paper.


For the full recipe by Trisha Yearwood, click here.

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!