Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year's Resolutions 2017 Edition: Redecorate and Organize

It's a new year, and with that means that I have a list a mile long of things I need (or feel that I need) to get done this year.  Is anyone else like that?  A new year starts and there is all of this energy driving me to get a few things that have needed to get done finished and off of the ever-changing to-do list.  I'm sharing my list with you today, and hopefully I will have updates on my projects later in the year.

1.  After much thought and consideration, we are moving our 2 year-old daughter's room from upstairs to downstairs.  Currently my husband's study is downstairs, but I think that switching the two rooms would work better for our family (and my anxiety level by not worrying about her falling down the stairs in the middle of the night).  This remodel is in the plans for this weekend, so hopefully updates will be soon. My new mantra for my house: Design your house for the way you live, not for the way the contractor expected you to live.

Current Study


2.  Finish re-decorating my den.  I shared my Home Tour with you last summer {click here to view}, and since then we have bought a few new pieces for our den.  In addition to these new pieces, I still have in the plans to paint a few pieces of furniture that we already have, and add new window treatments and a new rug.

Before

3.  My master bedroom has not been touched since we moved here {almost} three years ago.  I need to give that room some more attention.  New paint color, new bedding {hopefully}, and new window coverings are on my punch list for this room.


4.  Organization.  This encompasses everything in my life from closets to schedules to meal planning.  I need more organization in my life.  I feel that by the end of 2016, I had let everything slide and I was stressed out about what I was forgetting to do and what I had left to do.  This is no way for me to live, so I plan for more organization. I'm starting with organizing my meal planning process.  To do so, I have made a downloadable Meal Planning Template {click here to download} that I am sharing with you.  Hopefully this can help all of us.

Template Available for Download

Meal Planning....One Week at a Time

My template is for one week of meals with places for Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, and Dinner for each day.  The dates can be changed to reflect the current date, and each day has a box to add an event or appointment that occurs on that day (when I know what my schedule is for that day, I know whether or not to cook and involved meal or an easy one. 

For Meal Ideas, check out my Recipes tab {click here}.

For more behind the scenes of my life, please follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

If you like what you see, please share or like or pin my post.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!